Carmen du Toit is the owner of The Environmental Partnership. Carmen has more than 22 years experience in the field of environmental management and assessment. She holds a Master of Philosophy degree in Environmental Management from Stellenbosch University, a Bachelor of Art Honours degree in Environmental and Geographical Science, and a Higher Diploma in Education (Geography and History), all from the University of Cape Town. She is registered as a Professional Natural Scientist with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions as well as a registered Environmental Practitioner with the interim certification board of Environmental Assessment Practitioners South Africa (EAPSA)
MEMBERSHIP OF OTHER SOCIETIES/BODIES/INSTITUTIONS/ASSOCIATIONS
- Founding and current board member of Environmental Assessment Practitioners South Africa (2002 to present)
- Founding board member of Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association of South Africa (EAPASA) (2012 – May 2016) and Chairperson of the Registration Committee for EAPASA (2012 to 2016)
- Member (Western Cape Branch) of the International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA). 2001 to present.
- Member of the national workgroup that was tasked with the drafting of the initial constitution and certification criteria for a registration body (the current EAPASA) for the National Department of Environmental Affairs. (2006-2012)
- Member of the national task team that compiled the national qualification standard (NQF) for Environmental Assessment Practitioners in South Africa for the South African Qualifications Association (SAQA).
- Chairperson of South African Black Technical and Allied Careers Organisation (SABTACO), Western Cape (2002 to 2003 and 2010 to 2011)
- Member of South African Black Technical and Allied Careers Organisation (SABTACO), Western Cape. (From 1998 to present)
- First Registrar for EAPASA (2016 -2017)